Travel Guide line to visit in Myanmar!
- Do say “Mingalarbar” when meeting someone initially.
- Do address (U) in front of men’s names and (Daw) in front of women’s names?
- Do let elder eat first when you are eating with local peoples.
- Do shake your hand when greeting with people in Myanmar.
- Do wear long sleeves and skirt when visit at religion area and Pagodas in Myanmar.
- Do ask permission before taking photo of someone. Always ask permission.
- Don’t tough someone body and hug in public.
- Don’t make kiss in public.
- Don’t point a finger in the face.
- Don’t step over in walking public.
- Don’t take drug in Myanmar.
- Don’t wear socks when vising Pagoda area.
- Don’t point with your foot in something. It is very rude in Myanmar.
- Don’t go the area where you are not allowed to go.
- Don’t wear shoes when visiting their local houses please kindly take it off.
Myanmar people are friendly, helpful and polite. Some may be shy to speak out. Treat them well and you will be preserved.
- There are many restaurants in Myanmar for many cuisine
- For hygiene reasons, eat at Local Restaurants.
- Don’t eat food from street vendors, if decent Restaurant is not available, always eat heated food.
- Don’t drink tap water.
- Drink only bottled water and soft drink that it haven’t opened yet.
- Let the older be served first.
- Chinese food is common and suggested.
- Myanmar food is often oily.
Don’t jay walk? Watch where you walk and what you step on. If driving, city speed limit is 30 mph. Drive on the right side.
Don’t leave expensive items in your room. Use safe deposit box. Beware of cheats, swindlers, imposters.
- Stay away from narcotic drugs.
- Carry some medicines for diarrhea and malaria.
- Recommend to inject the quinines
- If there is falling sick during stay in Myanmar, all doctors are English literate.
While travelling around in Myanmar!
- Accept travel in Myanmar may not be the best of facilities.
- When taking on Train, keep windows shut.
- Speed or distance description are in miles, no kilometers.
- Carry tissue paper in your bag always!
- IF you are driving, city speed drive is 30mph and use in right side.
- At Religious places, when you visiting, please remember below tips.
- Take off the socks, wear the clothes with long sleeves and long skirt.
- Show respect to Monks, Nuns and philanthropist in Pagoda area.
- Put your hand in front of body and be gentle it.
- Don’t make noise around religious area.
- Don’t show your hand to shake with a monk.
- Sit lower than a monk and elders.
- Leave a donation if possible.
- Treat Buddha Image with respect.